Don’t miss the premier conference for Creative Technologists and everyone who follows the field. Covering the creativity of Artificial Intelligence, interactive electronics, immersive installations, AR and VR. Join us!
The schedule below features invited experts; not all are confirmed. Schedule and speakers are subject to change.
8:30 am – Breakfast and Registration
9:00 – Welcome – Isabel Walcott Draves, Creative Tech Week Founder
9:05 – Introduction – Nada Anid, Dean, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, NYIT
9:10 – Ahmed Elgammal, Director of the Art and AI Laboratory and Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, Rutgers University. AI makes Art.
9:30 – Michael Ferraro, Executive Director, FIT/Infor Design and Technology Lab at the Fashion Institute of Technology. AI makes Fashion.
9:45 – Aldis Sipolins, Head of VR, IBM Research
10:00 – Interactive Electronics Panel moderated by Luke Schantz with panelists: Sophia Brueckner, Carrie Kengle, Courtland Premo, Ricky Bacon
10:50 – Coffee Break
– Shachar Weis, VR developer and entrepreneur
– Rui Pereira, Creative Technologist, Google: Diminished is the new Augmented
– Stephen Martell, Current Studios: AR car racing
– Lisa Lokshina & Kristine Malden: VR user experience
– Stephanie Riggs, Sunchaser: End of Storytelling: the Future of Immersive Narrative.
12:50 – Lunch on your own nearby
2:00 – Lightning talks
– Laura Splan, 3D modeled art
– Beatriz Helena Ramos, art & blockchain
– Cynthia Beth Rubin, AR in Visual Art
– Hans Tammen, Sonification of my own DNA
– Olivia Cueva, Using tech for community preservation
– Tom Westerlin, Can VR be an effective sales tool?
– Linda Ricci, my VR vacation
– Maryam Daryabegi, Design Thinking
3:00 – Immersive Installations Panel moderated by Robin White Owen. Panelists: Sadah Espii Proctor, Matthew Tarr, Geralyn Abinader
– Richard The: Studio TheGreenEyl
– Joe Laquinte: interactive experiences
– Patrick Levy-Rosenthal, CEO Emoshape: non-human creativity
– Maryna Razakhatskaya: Creative Tech in R&D
5:00 – Closing Keynote – Lynn Rogoff, Associate Professor, Digital Design at NYIT and Founder and CEO of Amerikids
5:15 – Conference wrap with Isabel Walcott Draves
5:30 – Wine and cheese networking
We’re grateful to our sponsor, NYIT
, for their support.